Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kids



    As life goes on, we are all faced with trials and tribulations.  Some more difficult than others.  Recently I have found myself in the middle of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make. All of my past struggles do not add up to those of today.  The main reason for these hard times is because my children are caught in the middle.
   
 There are nights, like tonight, where the levity of the whole situation weighs very heavy on my shoulders.  I feel like I may crumble at any given moment.  but then I see those beautiful children that I have created, and I KNOW I have to stay strong and stay on course.  I do not have any other choice.  It is funny, I have several friends who do not have kids, and they are always saying to me "I don't know how you do it."  I can only say one thing to that, and it is the same response each time..."Because I do not have an option.  Everything is for them."  I know they will understand completely when they have children of their own.
   
 After my wife left me, I had some dark days.  I worked harder on that one thing than anything else in my life, and yet I still failed. I felt like the lowest human ever.  I soon got away for the weekend, and I realized that it was not about her anymore.  It was about my happiness and my kids.  Without their happiness, I could not be happy, and also the other way around.  So over the past (almost) three years of having them, living life like a single dad, I have strived to do everything to protect them and to keep that smile on their face.

     So I guess this is a thank you to my kids.  For giving me the strength, without you, I would not have.  You are my little angel and monkey, and I hope you know how much your daddy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment